A leading Charity based in Belfast city centre requires a Governance Officer to join them on a temporary basis until June 2022 - are you a Part-Qualified Accountant with experience within Audit? Or have you experience of financial governance within a public sector organisation?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary c.£32,000
- Long term contract until June 2022
- Supportive working environment
- Joining a business who make a significant impact in the local community
A public sector organisation based in Belfast city centre provide an essential service within the Northern Ireland community. This is an opportunity to join on an initial temporary contract until June 2022, with the possibility of extension.
The Governance Officer will be responsible for managing the governance function within the organisation through use of appropriate systems, processes, policies, procedures, and practices. producing, monitoring, and maintaining payment processing systems and controls.
The Ideal Person
If you have experience working within a financial governance or audit role:
- Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
- Audit experience (Desirable)
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Reconciling complex financial information
As a Governance Manager you will:
- Ensure appropriate governance procedures, controls and structures are in place for the safe, effective, efficient and economic management of public funds
- Oversee verification visits of organisations
- Monitor expenditure
- Initiate and manage the debt recovery procedure to ensure any risk to public funds is minimised
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register, ledgers and control
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.