GL Accountant (£45,000-£52,000)
Are you a Qualified Accountant looking for your next career move? This might be the option for you!
- 12 month contract
- Remote working available
- Competitive salary
- Occasional travel opportunities
VANRATH are delighted to be exclusively partnering with a global IT Company who are looking to recruit an experienced Qualified Accountant to their finance team based in Belfast. This is a 12 month contract with a view to a permanent role and is due to commence immediately with full handover provided to the successful candidate.
Reporting to the MD, this role will involve the following duties:
- Effective design and operation of the GL control infrastructure ensuring that it is applied consistently.
- Effective supervision of the GL team developing the team members as necessary to drive a goal of excellence.
- Timely and accurate local GAAP accounting and filing of statutory accounts
- Financial Statements Close
- Ensure accurate corporate reporting under US and local GAAP
- Review and approve monthly regular and ad hoc journals
- Review monthly accruals/prepayments
- Review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end review and reporting
- Review and approve quarterly analytical reviews and reporting packages
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Accountant with more than 3 years PQE
- Experience in reporting under US GAAP is essential.
- Broad accounts experience
- Understanding of accounting processes and procedures.
- Good Excel skills, and system orientated in approach.
- Clearly demonstrable skills acquired in supervising small teams to achieve set goals is essential.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy appointment in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.