VANRATH are delighted to be assisting a leading Retail/Commercial organisation with the recruitment of a reputable General Manager (Retail) who will become part of a modern organisation that has been continually growing, and offers one of the most interesting Retail Manager positions.
This role is based in the Largest Retail Concession in the Belfast International Airport - This is a Maternity Cover position and the contract will last 9-10 Months.
£43,000 + 15% Bonus + Some of the Best Employee benefits on the market
- To achieve maximum profitability through stock management, merchandising and staffing
- Recruitment and development of employees
- Experience in planning, forecasting, sales reports, costs, and business performance, according to company requirements.
- Plan and implement advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- Experience with managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Promotional planning and organising
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required.
- Accountable for health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with local/international suppliers and the Belfast International Airport Management team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years' experience in a Retail Manager / General Manager / Store Manager position
- Must be adept in use of SAP and MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Outlook or similar database to basic level, internet, and email.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Must be an excellent face-to-face communicator.
- People-management skills, experience and natural ability will be essential.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence. Thanks.
There are plenty of benefits to using a recruitment agency to find your next job:
Recruiters will often reach out to you with a position they feel fits your career history and skills and many of these positions will be unavailable to the public. That's right - companies will often use specialist recruitment agencies to find the best talent available so 90% of the time won't bother advertising the role on their website.
Recruitment agencies have your best interests at heart, and just because a role has come up that matches your job history and skills doesn't necessarily mean it is the right fit for you. The recruiter will make sure that the role suits your personality and career goals before putting you forward to the company.
At each stage of the recruitment process, your recruiter will offer you additional help and support to increase your chances of securing the role and address any concerns that you may have.
During your initial call with a recruiter, they will suggest ways for you to improve your CV and identify other opportunities in different sectors that you may not have considered before.
One of the great things about searching for your next role with a recruitment agency is that it's completely free. You won't be charged any fees for signing up with them or using their expertise
The way you register with a recruitment agency has changed since Covid-19 hit. In the past where you would nip into the office to sign up without an appointment, it's now advised that you call up prior to having a discussion with them to ensure there are roles available in your industry.