VANRATH are delighted to be assisting a leading Retail/Commercial organisation with the recruitment of a reputable General Manager (Retail) who will become part of a modern organisation that has been continually growing, and offers one of the most interesting Retail Manager positions.
This role is based in the Largest Retail Concession in the Belfast International Airport - This is a Maternity Cover position and the contract will last 9-10 Months.
£43,000 + 15% Bonus + Some of the Best Employee benefits on the market
- To achieve maximum profitability through stock management, merchandising and staffing
- Recruitment and development of employees
- Experience in planning, forecasting, sales reports, costs, and business performance, according to company requirements.
- Plan and implement advertising and promotional strategy and activities.
- Experience with managing cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Promotional planning and organising
- Liaise with and utilise support from suppliers, merchandisers and other partners as required.
- Accountable for health and safety, security, and emergency systems, capabilities and staff and customer awareness, according to company policy and relevant law.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or elsewhere subject to Company approval.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with local/international suppliers and the Belfast International Airport Management team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years' experience in a Retail Manager / General Manager / Store Manager position
- Must be adept in use of SAP and MS Office, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Outlook or similar database to basic level, internet, and email.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance
- Must be an excellent face-to-face communicator.
- People-management skills, experience and natural ability will be essential.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence. Thanks.
A recruiter can provide helpful advice and coaching guidance during your job search, such as recommending ways to improve your resume or interviewing skills. When recruiters understand your qualifications and career goals, they can help you find a job that's the right fit for you. Knowing how to work effectively with recruiters can help you use their guidance, connections and expertise to find a new job.
A current resume is a valuable tool for helping recruiters match you with the right positions. Make sure you update your resume with your current work experience and education history, including details about continuing education or professional development courses you've completed. Also, make sure the contact information on your resume is current before distributing this information to recruiters.
Similar to the way an employer asks questions to determine whether you're the right candidate for a position, you can ask a recruiter questions to evaluate whether they're the best person to help you in your job search. Ask a new recruiter about their experience in your industry and how they help candidates find work. Assess their answers to determine whether you may have a good working relationship with them. Some questions you may ask recruiters include:
How many candidates have you helped to find positions in this industry?
How do you market job candidates to potential employers?
How can I highlight my qualifications to employers?
How does your recruiting process work?