VANRATH are delighted to be representing a Prestigious Manufacturing business who are headquartered here in Northern Ireland. A vitally important position is now available for an experienced and dedicated General Manager to run their Duromore site.
You will be a proven leader with evidence of successful management in large-scale manufacturing or production environment. Monday - Friday - Permanent position
Experience within a Production or Manufacturing environment is essential
Salary & Benefits:
- Highly negotiable - £40,000 - £45,000
The ideal person:
- Minimum of 3 years' management experience
- Business driven and focused on results
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Confident in managing and motivating
- Great, interpersonal skills
- A focus on exceptional customer service
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and organised
- IT proficient
- Full, clean driving license
As the GM, your duties will include:
You will also be an exceptional leader, motivator and influencer of people and you will ensure that you get the best out of your employees on an individual and team basis. You will have a proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans and strong knowledge of operational procedures.
- Reporting to the Business Manager, the main function of this role will be to manage day-to-day activities and help develop the business
- Ensure that the focus for all staff is on delivering outstanding customer service and generating sales
- Monitor and actively manage productivity, standards and quality control for all areas of the business
- Coach and mentor staff to deliver an outstanding customer service
- Ensure consistent and excellent service delivery standards in all aspects of business operations
- Liaise with customers and suppliers and build a good working relationship to ensure any potential issues are resolved as quickly as possible
- Develop strategies to grow revenue by identifying areas for improvement and potential opportunities and implementing the necessary changes
- Support the Operations Manager to ensure that all customer orders are completed within agreed timescales
- Ensure all assigned projects/tasks are completed to a high standard and meet all deadlines
- Work flexible hours to meet customer needs, including Saturdays where necessary
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Doherty in the strictest confidence.
4. Recruiters want to place you!
In most cases, a recruiter will receive commission for placing you. Therefore, we will work hard to place you in a role that you'll both enjoy and thrive in. We will support you with any queries or worries you have; help you prepare and look after you throughout the entire process. This gives you the best possible chance of securing your dream job.
5. Access to more job opportunities
Something you might not know is that not every vacancy is posted on a job board. Some companies rely on specialist agencies such as ours. We can point you in the direction of roles that are hard to come by which could actually be the dream job you've been searching for. With more job opportunities available, the better the chance that you'll find just the job for you.
6. Do you have specialist skills? Result!
Often, for roles that require specialist skills, there are fewer suitable candidates than vacancies. We get to know you, your skill set and your capabilities. Which means we know exactly whether or not a role is suitable for you. We can also provide you with details about the business that you would never have known just from reading the job description.
7. You remain on our database
If, unfortunately, you aren not successful in the first role we put you forward for, you would still remain on our database. That means that you are on our radar should another suitable position become available. Don't worry, you won't be forgotten about. We actively market strong candidates and will work with you to help you secure that dream job.