Galvanising Team Leader (Belfast)
Are you a Galvaniser with experience leading a team? Our client is a local company renowned for their coating work.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary £28,000 - £32,000
- Training & development opportunities
- Career progression
- Supportive & safety focused working environment
About your next employer
One of Ireland's leading Metal Finishing Companies the company has subsidiaries and branches throughout Ireland, employing over 180 people and providing the construction & commercial industry with quality products and services.
- 2 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years' experience managing and leading a team
- Be able to demonstrate experience of dealing with admin tasks
- MUST be able to work on a rotational shift basis including days, mids and nights
What you'll do
- To maximise efficiency within the galvanising plant, specifically ensuring continuous improvement as identified through KPI targets
- Ensure jobs are processed according to the schedule and as directed by the galvanizing supervisor and in a manner whereby KPI targets are achieved.
- Ensure the quality of the galvanising is of the highest standard possible and that operators are following ISO procedures.
- Ensure jobs are jigged efficiently before pickling and that there is always material in the flux tank waiting to be dipped. In particular, ensuring that efficient processing aids such as multi jigging is utilised.
- Ensure weighbridge and de-jigging operators check the quality of the work before packaging and fettle any spikes or rough areas.
- Ensure all personnel adhere to company rules.
- To fill in information in the shift log book to enable more effective communication.
- Assist and cover for other production personnel, to cope with workloads and absenteeism.
For further information on this job, or any other engineering roles in Northern Ireland, apply via the link or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat today.