Job Title: Food Sourcing Officer
Salary: £29,439.00 (NJC Scale 6 Pt 22)
Based: Mallusk (Some requirement to travel throughout NI)
Looking for your next career move in the Food industry?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established team to help develop, source and engage with the food industry and its supply chain, whilst making a huge difference in Northern Ireland.
The role involves working closely with the Operations Manager and the FareShare UK Food Team to strengthen their capability to source and handle local food. The post holder will manage existing food partners and spend time researching and contacting potential new local food suppliers in the region, making new contacts and following up leads.
The role will work closely with the FareShare UK team ensuring consistency of approach and delivery of national initiatives where appropriate.
If you are a pro-active, energetic individual who enjoys developing and managing relationships, then this is the role for you! The successful post-holder will play a pivotal role in generating value, and secure growing and sustainable volumes of surplus food.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary of ££29,439 (NJC Scale 6 Pt 22)
- Training/CPD opportunities available.
- 5% contributory pension scheme
- Access to Westfield Health Care.
- 25 days annual leave in addition to recognising 12 public/bank holidays.
About your next employer
FareShare NI is a Homeless Connect project and part of the FareShare UK network of charitable food distributors. They are the largest local food redistribution organisation in Northern Ireland. Last year they distributed over 700 tonnes of food to over 160 charities and community organisations. This role is part funded through the Department of Agriculture Environment and Rural Affairs.
- Experience of working within the food supply industry or within a logistics supply chain setting.
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships with a customer service focus.
- Results driven self-starter with ability to work under pressure with proven organisational skills.
- Team player and problem solver with ability to back up decisions using data and analysis.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to change tone for different stakeholders.
- Good computing skills including a good working knowledge of Excel and Outlook.
- A full current driving licence and access to a form of transport that will enable the postholder to meet the travel requirements of the Job.
What you'll do
- Act as main point of contact for a portfolio of existing food partners, including companies in logistics and the wider supply chain.
- Build relationships with key personnel to help drive successful engagement with relevant organisations.
- To prepare for meetings with potential food partners and be competent in effectively presenting the benefits to potential partners of working with FareShare.
- Work closely with the FareShare UK Food Coordination Team to ensure any issues regarding food offers are promptly and satisfactorily resolved.
- Capture feedback from our food partners about the FareShare service and its impact.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Food Science / Manufacturing job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Karl Yellop for a confidential chat today.
Some positive candidate feedback we've received-
''5*'s for Vanrath. They found me a suitable agency post right away, it was a great fit, now I have got the job permanently! Very personable and knowledgeable to deal with and always took the time to understand and help out. Extremely professional service all round.''
''I contacted Vanrath after being laid off by my previous employer. They were fantastic to deal with and found me the perfect role that matched my skill set and experience and within a day or two had an interview lined up. Within the same week I was made a job offer which I happily accepted. So thankful that I contacted Vanrath. Couldn't have asked for a quicker and more professional service.''
''My experience with Vanrath has been so positive. They were very professional but friendly at the same time. The whole process has been excellent and I've secured a job that I really wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to go through Vanrath again in future as there was no waiting about and they continually kept me updated throughout. Thanks so much again.''