Fitness Instructor (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large, prestigious further educational organisation, in their search for an Fitness Instructor for a 7 month fixed term contract initially with the possibility of extension based in Belfast.
Reporting to the Sport Services Officer through the Sports Services Co-ordinator the Fitness
Instructor will be part of the team who will be responsible for fitness inductions, fitness classes, programming, promotion, membership sales (including on-line), service delivery & quality, operations, risk assessment, cleaning and maintenance.
Duties shall include:
- Supervise use of the gym, strength zone, studio and all fitness activities at the Belfast site, ensuring the safety of users at all times
- In consultation with the Sports Services Officer and as a leading member of the sports team on the Belfast site, to coordinate the planning and delivery of physical activity & sport programmes through classes, challenges and appropriate coaching programmes for students, staff and external users of the university's facilities.
- To make contacts with student club officials and representatives and develop detailed plans for the provision of quality coaching and fitness programmes to meet the requirements of both club team and individual members on the Belfast site.
- To take responsibility for the coordination of all induction classes in both the fitness suite and the strength zone, and train and supervise any additional/casual staff required to work in this area.
- To initiate and organise new business, sales opportunities, promotion events and increase participation & engagement in the area of campus life for both students and staff, as set by agreed targets.
Essential skills required
- Fitness Instructor's Award or equivalent. Coaching qualifications in 2 or more sporting disciplines
- Experience within the fitness industry including marketing of facilities, promoting and delivering classes and exercise programmes.
- The preparation of individual programmes in fitness and strength and conditioning, in order to assist in the development of clubs and of individual performances.
- Computer literate including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Evidence of the ability to manage change.
- Ability to initiate new ideas, in step with the local requirements and current trends in sport.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated with good diplomatic skills and the ability to work under your own initiative.
- Awareness of current market place within the health & fitness sector and evidence of a pro-active response.
- Access to transport and flexible working hours.
- Physically fit.
Desirable Skills required
- Current First Aid at work certificate or equivalent.
- Experience of a computerised sports management system.
- Preparation of reports and appreciation of financial issues achieving business, income, sales financial and operational targets
- Previous experience of risk assessment/health and safety regulations.
- Proven experience of maintaining fitness equipment.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to develop teamwork and encourage participation.
- An awareness of funding opportunities and marketing promotions within sport.
£24,248, per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.