Fire Safety Manager
The Fire Safety Manager is responsible for in advising on, training in and auditing of fire safety. Drawing on a solid knowledge of fire safety legislation, regulation and standards, they will advise and audit building safety standards, create and implement safety policies and procedures and train in appropriate fire safety procedures.
- To develop and operate an effective and efficient property maintenance service particularly with regards to ensuring appropriate fire safety in accordance with the Associations' policies, procedures, budgets and statutory/regulatory compliance.
- To ensure the Association's fire safety related policies and procedures are fully compliant, current and reflect best practice within the sector with a view to maximising compliance and minimising risk so far as is reasonably practical and enable the Association to apply principles that demonstrate its commitment to effectively assessing and managing fire safety risks in its residential properties and promoting resident and staff safety.
- To carry out regular property fire safety inspections and document associated Fire Risk Assessments to Client's properties, ensuring that they meet all necessary regulations and identify all risks and actions to remedy them.
- To carry out Person Centred Fire Risk Assessments and Personal Emergency Evacuation Assessments and associated plans.
- To respond to fire emergencies and arson crimes, investigating and reporting the causes of fire and taking appropriate responsive actions.
- To remain up to date with legislative and regulatory changes and ensure these are reflected in the Association's policies and procedures and assist managers in the implementation of actions arising from these changes.
- To report deficiencies in current property maintenance standards and services to the relevant staff member and ensure that significant risk items are reported to line management.
- To advise on education and training on fire safety matters to the Association's staff, partners and other stakeholders.
To be considered for this position you must meet:
- Awareness of statutory compliance requirements and property maintenance procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of Fire Safety Regulation and Best Practice.
- Completing Person Centred Fire Risk Assessments and Personal Emergency Evacuation Assessments
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service focus.
- To have strong organisational skills.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
- Experience in the liaison with statutory bodies.
- Experience in staff management.
- Technical knowledge, particularly of M&E systems.
- Knowledge of Social Housing maintenance.
c£38,000 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…