- Job Reference: RAFF180523
- Job Title: Finishing Foreperson
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 + company vehicle / package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland / Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Are you looking for a Finishing Foreperson role? Interested in working for a leading Building & Civil Engineering contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Finishing Foreperson to work for a dynamic Main Contractor that work on a range of Building & Civil Engineering projects.
c£45,000 to £50,000 + company vehicle / package
Our client is a leading, dynamic, reputable Main Contractor that work on a diverse range of projects across the Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
The business work on large new build projects up to £50m across various sectors including Housing, Education, Healthcare, Commercial Offices & Civil Engineering projects.
Business is very busy with multiple projects currently ongoing and many more in the pipeline. Due to this continued success, they have a great opportunity for a Finishing Foreperson to join them on a permanent basis.
Most of their work is in Republic of Ireland so this opportunity will suit someone based near Newry, NI or Dublin, ROI.
You will be involved in a wide variety of projects from educational, commercial and residential. The Finishing Foreperson provides leadership and is responsible for supervising all direct & sub-contracted labour onsite to ensure productivity, safety and quality control of all activities. The Finishing Forman will report to the site manager and follow all guidelines & schedules as appropriate.
- Liaise and communicate closely with the design team, Site Manager and other stakeholders
- Report any errors / omissions to the Project Manager and Site Manager
- Coordinate the daily resourcing and control of site labour and ordering of materials
- Coordinate snagging crews, overseeing effective completion of snag lists
- Carry out company procedures and recording performance and progress of site operations and subcontractors
- Effective planning of tasks and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet deadlines
- Ensure works are carried out in compliance with building regulations, health and safety and environmental standards and to a high quality
- Review and monitoring of work to programme schedule
- Review RAMs for the works in hand
- Maintain accurate records of extra works and variations and ensuring appropriate communication of the same
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Ensure compliance with the company's quality procedures
- Carry out / attend white board / coordination meetings
- Responsible for Maintaining a tidy, safe site / work areas, in compliance with health & safety guidelines/standards.
- Come from a trades background
- Experience working as a Finishing Foreperson
- Experience organizing direct labour and sub-contractors
- Site-based experience including working in a fast paced and pressured environment adhering to strict deadlines and budgets
- Extensive finishing experience on building projects
- Valid site tickets
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel
- Full driving licence
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion