DP Accountant (£22ph + from Week 1)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Deputy Principal Accountant for public sector organisation based in Belfast. This position will commence on a contract basis and requires someone who can start within a month. There is a high likelihood of extension and subsequent projects with this role far beyond the initial term.
- Responsible for the preparation of costing and financial reporting of science work and projects as required within the business area.
- Provision of expert advice and guidance to budget holders on budgeting and the in-year monitoring of budgets.
- Assist in the development of management accounting, costing and financial performance reporting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes;
- The provision of high quality, reliable, accurate and timely financial information to others, both internally and externally,
- Assisting with the strategic and financial planning processes;
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate systems of internal control and governance frameworks;
- Provision of advice and guidance to promote the safeguarding of public funds and ensure that such funds are discharged with probity, regularity and best value for money.
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of current public expenditure planning, monitoring, control and accountability systems;
The Ideal Candidate:
Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full current member of one of the professional bodies.
Have at least two year's practical experience, gained within the last five years, in Financial Costing, Financial management and/or Accounting/Auditing.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy job in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.