Financial Reporting Accountant (£55k)
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Financial Reporting Accountant for a target employer based in Belfast. The role will commence on an initial 6 month (with possibility of extension) basis and is due to commence immediately). Our client are a large organisation who offer excellent benefits and a fantastic work-life balance and the role will provide a stimulating combination of commercial and technical experience for the successful candidate. The role will offer hybrid and flexible working.
Based in Belfast, the Reporting Accountant will play a key role in the statutory accounting area of the business. This role will report to the Head of Finance and will cover:
- Leading on more technically complex deliverables during the year end process.
- The delivery of year end accounts.
- Responsible for dealing with ad hoc technical accounting queries from around the group as they arise.
- Training the wider Financial Accounting team.
- Supporting the month end consolidation process, calculating and posting consolidation entries.
- The maintenance and development of certain sections of report writing commentary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience, ideally having worked to Assistant Manager level before moving to industry
- Advanced technical knowledge in FRS 102 reporting
- Must possess excellent organisational and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong sense of commitment and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Superior communication skills with the ability to communicate fluently and concisely across a range of different cultures
- Excellent Excel skills.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.