VANRATH are delighted to be seeking a high-profile Finance Director role which will be critical to ensuring the on- going growth of the business which is looking to continue their expansion plans alongside increasing efficiency and profitability. This role will report directly to the CEO and the Board, and you will oversee the day-to-day financial management and strategic decision making for the Group.
- To take responsibility for all areas of financial reporting - both forecasting and actual.
- To actively assist and advise the Board on the development and implementation of appropriate business strategy.
- To ensure financial controls and systems are robust and suitable for the needs of the business.
- To ensure that business systems and processes support and enhance business growth and strategy.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance department
- Support the CEO in driving the change and growth agenda for the Group
- Provide guidance and leadership on all aspects of financial direction and strategic decision-making
- Review monthly management accounts, year-end, and ad hoc financial reporting information
- Ensure best practice in systems and financial controls are implemented and in place to achieve necessary reporting standards.
- Manage and mentor a team of Finance professionals
- Drive commercial business decisions using effective, timely and accurate financial information
- Develop and monitor appropriate systems for the management of financial and other risks
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy in presenting the Group's financial performance and outlook in monthly board meetings
- Develop and drive the Group's IT and Digital Strategy
- Build and manage strong relationships with key external advisors, funders, auditors etc.
- Ensure the achievement of statutory compliance on all financial accounting and taxation matters.
- Manage all aspects of the Group's funding requirements including review of operational liquidity and project specific cashflow requirements
- Direct and advise on all areas of Taxation and planning & liaise with professional advisors including PAYE/NIC, CIS, VAT, Corporate & Personal Taxation
- Qualified accountant (Chartered, ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.) with at least 5 years' post qualification experience gained in a commercial environment.
- Currently reporting at board level with proven influencing and leadership skills and extensive strategic experience.
- Strong leadership ability and demonstrating confidence in leading a finance team.
- Strategic planning and reporting at a senior level within a corporate environment.
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
An excellent renumeration package is on offer reflecting the seniority of the role
- Market leading Salary
- Annual Performance Based Bonus
- Private Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 32 days Annual leave which includes Bank Holidays
- Private Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Onsite parking
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence.