VANRATH are delighted to be seeking an ambitious hands-on Financial Controller to join the senior leadership team. The role has responsibility for the full finance function, including leading the finance team plus supporting the corporate strategies and IT operations across the business. The position offers the opportunity to progress to Finance Director, for the right individual.
The Financial Controller (Director) is accountable for:
- Leading the budgeting, forecasting and planning process and identifying key risks and opportunities for the business;
- Supporting senior teams to create growth strategies and plans and ability to act as a business partner to the Chairman, Managing Director and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support;
- Forging strong relationships and negotiating with key stakeholders including shareholders, financial institutions, financial advisors, IT support, INI, insurers etc;
- Leading, developing and motivating the finance team;
- Ensuring preparedness for the auditors and undertaking appropriate tax planning;
- Controlling all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cashflow management, hedging strategies (including forex and interest rate), statutory accounts, compliance, presentation of management accounts and KPl's;
- Supporting the business through change and growth periods, co-ordinating corporate finance, debt, taxation, grants etc. Providing all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plans;
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met;
- Ensuring IT services support business requirements with the assistance of third party support providers;
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Educated to degree level with a recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Demonstrate experience of leading a finance function with a proven track record in delivering effective financial and IT strategies, policies, processes and systems.
- Exceptional commercial and business acumen with at least 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Pro-active, decisive, adaptable with an ability to manage high levels of pressure
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level.
- Ability to demonstrate positive communication with colleagues, customers and external bodies in order to form and maintain good working relationships.
- High degree of competence with Microsoft Dynamics ERP (Navision) and Office products
- Knowledge of using Crystal Reports, Power BI and other business intelligence platforms
- Experience and Sage Payroll products
- Competitive salary
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence.