Financial Controller (Craigavon)
VANRATH are pleased to be exclusively recruiting for a Financial Controller on an interim basis for a long-standing client and market-leading manufacturing organisation based in Craigavon. A Top 100 NI business, they currently have an urgent and exciting requirement for a talented Financial Controller to occupy a key role in their team and this opportunity comes with strong potential for extension or permanent for a successful performer. Our client will wait for someone on a notice period, and will offer an impressive salary and benefits package.
- Provide assurance to Business and Finance management that the accounting records are accurate
- Prepare monthly management accounts pack including commentary and analysis for key business stakeholders
- Assist with the organisation and co-ordination of the month end process including monthly Board reports and review of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation and validation process
- Lead, coach and develop an engaged and motivated finance team
- Ensure compliance with local market financial laws, requirements, regulations and tax issues
- Deliver improvement projects and programmes implemented as part of the global finance transformation programme, and the business restructuring programme
- Ensure all payroll required documents are timely and accurately prepared for the third-party provider and effectively resolve any issues
- Influence the leadership team to grow the business by formulating appropriate financial strategies and plans.
- Liaise with colleagues to understand root causes of financial results, investigate budget variances, and formulate recovery plans
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of experience in a Senior Finance Position
- Qualified accountant holding a ACA/ ACCA professional qualification
- Work experience / accounting discipline experience in a Group company
- Knowledge of accounting ledger systems
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes and the need for appropriate controls in place
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Working knowledge and application of IFRS
- Experience in a Group company with a minimum turnover of £100 million
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Accountancy appointment in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link provided or contact Robbie Lemon, in the strictest of confidence, on the number provided.