VANRATH are delighted to be seeking a high-profile Financial Controller role, who will be key to ensuring the on- going growth of the business which is looking to continue their expansion plans alongside increasing efficiency and profitability. This role will report directly to the Managing Controller, and you will oversee the day-to-day financial management and strategic decision making for the Northern Ireland operations.
The role will seek to add value to the business by planning and analysing the financial performance of the site and actively contribute to the site management and their decisions. As Financial Controller, you will support, drive and initiate continuous improvement as well as align with the central (Finance) operation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide financial information to and actively advise the plant management team in financial and economical matters with the goal to optimise EBITDA, Cash Flow and Working Capital.
- Assess and monitor identified improvement actions in terms of economical impacts
- Provide ad-hoc calculations and analyses and propose improvement actions.
- Initiate new actions based on bench-marking, best practice, sharing and own creativity
- Compile required data for budget and forecast based on demonstrated performance, including expected improvements, and timely submission of budget/forecast figures to central functions
- Assist in standard costing and target setting process
- Support management in creating a medium term investment plan
- Compile timely and reliable month and year end closing data in line with Group guidelines
- Analyse and comment significant changes compared to previous year, Budget/planning and target values
- Evaluate production related cost development
- Follow up on targets and monitor corrective actions
- Ensure proper execution of business controls around stock stakes and fixed assets count
- Project controlling
- Be the reference person for plant management regarding centrally provided manufacturing and finance performance figures
- Give input into the continuous development of central reporting
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures in financial aspects
- Monitor and support fixed asset/spares/raw material/finished goods accounting and inventory
- Provide required plan information to central finance
- Support and ensure the implementation of revised or new controlling/financial processes as well as business relevant information tools on a local basis
- Sustain and improve the standardisation of tools and processes
- Managing Project Cost Control including approval of Purchase Requisitions, following up capex spend and Cash Flow Forecast Reporting with project management
- Follow up project related requirements like Government Grants, exceptional cost reporting.
- Financial Business partner to local plant management team.
- Supporting the set up and integration of relevant Financial and Manufacturing systems, internal
- Coordinate external auditors/project related contacts/local authorities/ other local contacts
- University Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance or similar
- Specific qualification in Management accounting / Controlling (CIMA or similar)
- Good SAP / Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills. Knowledge of Manufacturing Information System beneficial
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Work within fast paced engineering / manufacturing environment
- Strong service orientation and ability to work as a team with local management
- Good Communication Skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to proactively address and solve problems
- Ability to challenge the status-quo while effectively working in multiple teams.
- Balance detail orientation with "big picture" understanding of the business
What you will get in return
An excellent remuneration package is on offer reflecting the seniority of the role
- Market leading Salary
- Annual Performance Based Bonus
- Private Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 32 days Annual leave which includes Bank Holidays
- Private Pension Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- On-site parking
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence.