Vanrath are working with a growing IT company based in Belfast seeking to take on board a Financial Accountant ACA into their growing team.
- Remote working
- Offices in Belfast, Dublin & LA
- Excellent progression opportunities
- 25 days annual leave
This company are a growing IT company in the scale-up phase of expansion. Head office in Belfast and have recently opened offices in Dublin, LA & Silicon Valley. This opportunity offers the individual to provide strategic input at board level to senior directors in the team. With the company going through the scale up phase the role offers exceptional progression as the team plans to exponentially grow with this individual being a key player in the success of their business moving forward.
This role is ideally suited to a Financial Accountant ACA with experience preparing management accountants and delivering strategic input at board level.
The role will also involve fund management so I background in fund accounting would be an added benefit.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accounting for the day-to-day finances (e.g. AP, AR, Banks)
- Monthly payroll administration incl new starters contracts & setup, commission calculations, review & reporting
- Assisting with contract preparation & review for new clients, including billing
- Reconciling and accounting for deferred software revenue recognition
- Preparing VAT returns
- Period end close activities and accounts preparation & management, including P&L and Balance Sheet for several entities and jurisdictions
- Ensuring company balance sheets are fully reconciled on a regular basis, including intercompany account movements
- Ensure bank reconciliation integrity is always maintained and cashflow monitoring
- Annual budget & forecasting process
- Involvement in the preparation of Statutory Accounts and Tax filings for individual entities and liaising with external accountants/auditors
- Financial KPI reporting and presenting reports to board
- Timely provision of information on ad hoc requests to various stakeholders
- Involvement in continuous improvement initiatives and various projects
- As a start-up the future is ever changing, and you will be involved in wide-ranging projects
- Qualified Accountant/ Financial Accountant ACA with relevant experience - experience preparing management accounts is essential.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Tech experience advantageous
- Experience of Sage, multicurrency incl revaluations and consolidations advantageous
- Strong technical skills
- Experience of improving systems, tooling, and processes within a finance environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial awareness and good business acumen.
- Strong work ethic, resilience, and ability to navigate change
- Hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up and own your patch
- Naturally curious and willingness to learn, grow and develop
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Kilian Gargan in the strictest confidence.