Financial Accountant (42k/Contract/Newry)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for an organisation in Newry who require a Qualified Accountant to undertake a 9 month contract with a view to being extended further. The role will lead the Financial Services Team within the Finance Department and will report to the Finance Manager. You will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on the regulatory and technical aspects of the Financial Accounting Function.
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the month-end consolidations process. As part of this, you'll play an integral part in managing the month-end close and subsequent financial reporting.
- Preparing the annual statutory accounts
- Preparing statutory accounts for consolidation to Whole of Government Accounts
- Provide technical advice and support on accounting matters to the finance manager
- To be responsible for monitoring and forecasting cash flow
- Producing monthly income and expenditure accounts
- Assisting with the monthly forecast return
- Assisting in preparation of financial planning projections
- Manage, lead and organise staff.
Membership of one of the following professional bodies:
* Chartered Accountants Ireland;
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
* The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
* The Chartered Institute of Management Accountant;
* The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
* The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
A minimum of two years' experience (within the last five years) in a financial accounting role covering at least 5 of the following areas:
➢ Preparation of annual financial statements including preparation of lead schedules and audit files;
➢ Reconciliation of nominal ledger accounts;
➢ Maintenance of a fixed asset register;
➢ Preparation of VAT returns for organisation subject to multiple VAT rates;
➢ Preparation of cash flow forecasts and monitoring of cash to ensure sufficient funds are available when required to meet organisations commitments;
➢ A minimum of two years' experience (within the last five years) of using integrated finance systems;
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.