VANRATH has partnered with a recognised innovator in the global education space to appoint a new Financial Operations Director. Our client has for more than 20 years, operated with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types.
This Finance Director Executive level role is for a strategic, experienced leader to oversee Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and other related activities, globally.
Reporting into the VP of Accounting, the successful candidate will become part of a fast-growing business upon which they will be expected to exercise their influence and leadership in achieving consistency and compliance across our key business processes as well as identifying and putting into action any opportunities for improvement.
This role will suit a candidate who is experienced partnering with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation, has experience driving organisational change and most importantly is willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved.
- Support and lead the global accounting team to ensure month end is reported accurately to facilitate timely, relevant management decisions and meet reporting standards and requirements
- Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting, and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP
- Be the key senior contact for the internal and external auditors to ensure real time collective support on approach to given matters.
- Ensuring all accounting policies are effectively implemented, and new accounting standards are appropriately adopted by the business.
- Optimising processes and controls across finance, enhancing current procedures and implementing new ones to drive improvements.
- Improve processes to drive efficiency within Accounting and Control team - leveraging data to streamline manual processes
- Work with colleagues across group finance teams to align local management reporting to figures held centrally
- Develop and maintain the performance of the team directly and indirectly through Team Leaders, including recruiting, coaching, performance management and developing the team as is needed.
- Make sure new accounting standards are adopted by the business on a timely manner
- Ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, CPA)
- 5+ years experience with US GAAP .
- Formal technical qualifications for USGAAP is a plus
- Strong technical accounting skills including purchase price accounting, business combinations, ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Over 5 years finance leadership experience within a large, complex organisation
- Experience of leading and managing a multi-national global team
- Proven track record of streamlining accounting operations and month end close for a multinational global company
- Strong effective communication skills at all levels of the business, including c-suite
- Tech savvy with proven experience of working in NetSuite
- Experience of working for a SAAS Company preferred
- Experience of working within a complex US corporate structure highly advantageous
The role will offer a market-leading salary befitting the seniority and experience required to fulfil the key responsibilities. The role will also include associated benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.