A charitable organisation based in West Belfast are recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team on a contract basis until December 2024 with potential extension depending on funding.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Contract initially until December 2024
- Comfortable working environment
A Charitable Organisation based in West Belfast is currently recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team.
- To undertake specific finance training specific to the compliance of the funder IFI, which will be delivered by the funds Managing Agent CFNI.
- To establish and update the necessary financial systems, manage and monitor spend and complete quarterly, annual and other required returns, identifying and highlighting any discrepancies or issues to the Team.
- To set up and maintain computerised and manual financial records and ledgers, the PAYE system, BACs/cheque journals and accounts, petty cash and financial information related to the work.
- Prepare finance reports for the committee, prepare Annual Accounts and write up financial reports related to the work of PIP, making financial returns to the funding body and drawing down grants where applicable.
- Deal with queries on budgets, virements and returns.
- Liaise with and respond to any funder queries regarding projects finances.
- Assist project staff prepare for external audits as directed.
The Ideal Person
- A qualification in Administration/ Finance or a related discipline
- A minimum of two years work experience in a financial role within an office setting.
- A minimum of two years work experience in an administration role within an office setting
- Experience working with funders / managing agents and processing claims.
- Experience working with budgets and cash flow projections.
- Experience updating and developing financial systems, procedures / guidelines
- Experience payroll and HMRC payments
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.