A leading public sector employer based in Newtownards are recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team on an initial temporary contract. Are you interested in this, if so, please apply for more information.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Initial 9-12 month contract
- Hybrid working
- Comfortable working environment
- Immediate start
A leading Public Sector organisation is currently recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team for an initial 9-12 month contract. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer with an excellent reputation in the local market and who provide an essential service to the local community.
The Ideal Person
University degree and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, AAT/HND qualified and 2 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, Part Qualified with one of the CCAB recognised bodies and 1 years suitable relevant financial experience
or, 3 years suitable relevant financial experience at Band 4 level
Assist with the day to day functions within the Finance Directorate.
- To liaise with, and meet with senior staff in order to assist with their understanding of budgets or to assist with any related queries.
- Assist with the annual budget setting process within agreed guidelines and timetables, and helping to ensure that they reflect the financial strategy and income profile.
- Assist the Accountant in contributing to the development of cash releasing efficiency plans, recovery plans and contingency plans for the directorate.
- Support the Finance Manager in the early identification of threats to the financial stability of the by highlighting risks within the directorate and agreeing rectification measures to ensure breakeven is achieved.
- To assist in developing the use of financial systems, reporting and enquiry tools and working methods to advance the quality and efficiency of Financial Management information.
- To deal with ad hoc reporting and enquiries as required by Senior Finance Managers and other senior staff.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.