A charitable organisation based in Belfast City Centre are recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team on an initial contract until December 2024 with potential extension dependent on funding.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Initial interim contract with view to extension
- Comfortable working environment
- Immediate start
A Charitable Organisation based in Belfast City Centre is currently recruiting a Finance Officer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer with an excellent reputation in the local market and who provide an essential service to the local community.
The post-holder, under the direction of the Director, will help ensure the efficient management of the organisations administration, finances, fundraising and corporate compliance by playing a leading role in monitoring and advancing our administrative, personnel and financial arrangements.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- To help prepare organisational and project budgets, cash flow and budget monitoring reports for submission to the Director and Board of Directors.
- To support the Director and other staff in fundraising efforts with the preparation of necessary financial data, including project and staff costings, budget development and grant reporting.
- To help prepare estimates of income and expenditure.
- To work with other administrative staff to ensure that bookkeeping records, SAGE data and other financial information is accurately and efficiently reflected into management accounts and project or grant reports.
- To use Sage software as appropriate, keeping both programmes and personal training fully up to date. Training on the use of SAGE software will be provided if required.
- To assist the Director in ensuring compliance with all statutory responsibilities for the organisation as an employer, charity and limited company, including data protection, employment law and other responsibilities. Including accessing external sources of advice and support as necessary.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of good governance practices within the organisation.
The Ideal Person
Relevant qualification in book-keeping /accountancy and/or business administration
2-3 years' experience in book-keeping /accountancy or financial management/business administration
A minimum of two years' demonstrable experience in a role involving:
- Financial record keeping and management, including preparation and monitoring of organisational and project budgets, cash flow and management accounts
- Personnel/HR administration including maintaining policies and record keeping
- Administrative support and the maintenance of records
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.