Are you a Qualified Accountant with at least 3+ years PQE and are keen to join a leading public sector employer on an initial 6-month interim contract? This is a foot in the door with a large organisation who can offer the opportunity to secure a permanent contract.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- £39,000 - £42,000
- 6-month contract
- Exposure to public sector
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting a DP Accountant (Finance Manager) to join a public sector organisation based in Lisburn. This position will initially commence on a contract basis for a period of 6 months and will suit a Qualified Accountant, ideally with previous public sector experience. The requirement within the team is due to a significant increase in workload and due to subsequent projects, there is the potential for a longer-term contract.
The Finance Manager will join a small finance team and will take responsibility for the financial and management accounts. This will also include acting as the point of contact for the financial audit, working closely with the Northern Ireland Audit Office.
The Ideal Person
If you are a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA):
- Preparation of both management and year end accounts
- Strong technical, numerical and IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public sector experience
- Available at short notice
As a Finance Manager you will:
- Produce management reports and variance analysis
- Month end reconciliations
- Financial accounting, preparing year end accounts
- Prepare budgets and scenario planning
- Liaise with NI Audit office on queries
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.