VANRATH is delighted to be working with a reputable charity, as they recruit for a Finance Manager. The successful Finance Manager will report to the Head of Finance and assist in the day to day running of a busy finance function. The successful candidate will be responsible for financial reporting and ensure procedures and processes are implemented and maintained effectively. The Finance Manager will play a pivotal role, as our client continues to grow and support, the community.
Our client is charitable organisation who has served the wider community of Northern Ireland since 1992. Having recently increased the number of services available to the community, our client continues to provide the highest quality of care and opportunities to those who need it the most.
Our client has a generous remuneration package on offer to ensure they attract the best talent in a competitive market…
- Health Cash Plan
- Free on-site parking
- Company pension
The Finance Manager will assist the Head of Finance in all aspects of the day-to-day finance activities. This role offers a varied work life, as you will be involved in financial reporting, payroll, management accounts, auditing and more. Outlined below are the responsibilities of the Finance Manager:
- Manage the financial, accounting and payroll function. This includes Purchasing, Supplier Payments and Sales Invoicing; Petty Cash processes; Management Accounts; Financial Analysis and reporting; Payroll, and client monies
- Staff management of Finance officers and Administrator, including oversight and governance of procedures, supervision, work delegation, performance and appraisal
- Maintain proper use of charitable funds ensuring that expenditure remains within pre-approved budgets.
- Prepare timely returns to include monthly/quarterly and annual financial accounts
- Process claims for Gift Aid and other funding projects
- Support the Head of Finance and Business Resources to produce, annual budgets, project budgets, spending authorities, cash flow projections
- Liaise with our purchasers and funders to maximise income generation.
- Prepare management accounts and budgets
- Issue quarterly statements to service users and ensure there is an effective credit control system in place
- Process bank payments for incoming and outgoing expenses on behalf of service users
- Co-ordinate and take part in financial inspections, including audit of all activity and related records in respect of service users' finances.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal Finance Manager will be a qualified accounts technician or a part-qualified accountant, with proven experience in a similar role. Ideally, we would like a candidate with previous experience using Sage 50 and experience managing budgets and forecasts. Moreover, excellent communications skills are vital as the successful candidate will being liaising with senior management and residents daily. The ideal Finance Manager will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accounting technician, or part-qualified accountant (IATI/AAT/CIMA/ACCA)
- Experience of managing budgets and procurement within robust financial and governance procedures
- Highly organised
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a confidential and professional manner
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft packages & Sage or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team work ethos to work as part of a small, busy office team
- Excellent problem solver, with proven ability to make improvements and efficiencies
A fantastic opportunity for a well-rounded finance professional who is keen to enter a role which offers great variety ad a chance to further enhance their management skills. Working in a close-knit team, you will develop skills and play a vital role in the overall running of the charity.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.