Are you an experienced Finance Manager looking to expand your career? Do you have 3+ years' experience in a transactional finance function?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits.
Our client is a trailblazer in their industry and works with multiple global vendors to ensure the delivery of perishable goods. Established in 1970, our client has extensive knowledge in the distribution and shipping industry. The Ideal Person
If you have 3+ years' working in a transactional finance function with the ability to lead and develop a multifunctional team, this is the role for you.
- Self-motivated and confident
- 3+ years of experience in managing transactional finance functions
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a multi-functional team
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and external to the company
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, competent using MS Office suite including excel and word
- Knowledge of SAGE is desirable
- Third level qualification in business / Management or ATI qualified
As a Finance Manager you will:
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Ensure the efficient processing of both sales and purchase invoices, payments and receipts, etc. in line with set procedures and authorisations
- Manage credit control for the business and liaise with credit insurers as appropriate
- Liaise with the departments responsible for providing information to the team to ensure smooth processing of invoices
- Establish good working relationships with both customers and suppliers
- Keep a tight control of both debtors and creditors ensuring tidy ledgers, minimal debt and minimal queries
- Manage sub ledger month and year end close in line with timetables
- Manage the timely delivery of supplier statement reconciliations
- Ensure that all queries are dealt with on a timely basis
- Manage the online payments to suppliers
- Produce a weekly KPI suite to monitor deliverables and performances within the operational team
- Supervise and set objectives for the team in a way that improves team performance
- Continuously look for improvements to the systems and processes
- Provide any other information as required
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.