Finance Business Partner (Public Sector Contract)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to undertake a 6-12 month contract with a public sector body in Lisburn. Working as part of a busy finance team, you will have an opportunity to undertake an enjoyable and challenging assignment with a larger public sector body within NI that will likely run on beyond the 12 month period.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver a complete financial management service to specified Directorates within business and play a key role in the overall financial management of the organisation.
- To deliver a complete financial management service to specified Directorates within NIFRS and play a key role in the overall financial management of the organisation.
- To oversee the financial governance of specified Directorates, ensuring financial regularity, compliance and value-for-money within a framework of excellent customer service and continuous improvement.
- To support the senior management team within specified Directorates, reporting regularly to the Director as lead customer.
- To play a key role in the formation and implementation of relevant policies, procedures to ensure effective financial management and governance, including statutory compliance and recognised best practice across the organisation.
- To perform a lead role in the custody of the budget.
- To work with senior staff, both within finance and across the organisation, to assist in delivery of the overall strategic priorities of the organisation.
- To have lead responsibility for finance, including provision of forecasting information and expert advice on a range of organisational-wide change projects and policy initiatives; and use initiative to develop innovative solutions and options to financial related problems.
- Qualified Accountant with extensive (3 yrs+) relevant Finance experience in a Finance Business Partnering role
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliance's (although a good QBE will also be considered).
- Demonstrated expertise in IT systems and strong level of operational efficiency and accounting acumen
- Reduced notice period is preferred to facilitate a quick turnaround
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Interim Accountancy role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.