VANRATH is delighted to be recruiting for a Finance Administrator for a well-known organisation. This role offers excellent in-house learning opportunities, as well as guaranteed career enhancement. My client has multiple sites across Ireland and has a close-knit team in the Belfast area. This role will be 5 days a week in office.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate…
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Early finish on Friday
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with monthly invoicing, payroll requirements and maintaining customer portfolios. A varied role with financial administration and general ad-hoc tasks, your day to ay work life will be full of variety. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the preparation of Bacs & Direct Debt files for processing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assisting with Suppliers including:
- Making decisions on supplier payment requests and communicating payment dates with suppliers
- Processing monthly payment run
- Monitor credit control within the business recommending credit terms and managing problem customers
- Assist in the preparation of company monthly invoicing
- Responsible for maintaining your own portfolio of Clients and ensuring their payrolls are completed accurately and on time.
- Working within the Payroll Bureau undertaking administrative, advisory and payroll duties to ensure that processes and systems are completed to an exceptionally high standard.
- To ensure the accurate and timely creation and distribution of key operational reports on a regular basis.
- Always promote a professional image of the Company and be knowledgeable about the services the Company provides.
- Providing an administration service to the management team.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, etc.
- To undertake and complete training and personal development programmes/courses deemed necessary for the post.
- To carry out any other work allocated /designated by the management team within given deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be confident handling quantities of data and have excellent spoken and written communication skills. Experience in an administrative capacity would be beneficial. The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Confidence in working with figures
- 5 GCSEs at grade A-C, to include Maths and English.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Team working skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent IT skills
- Comfortable working in the independently and able to manage own workload and use initiative to identify priorities.
Fantastic opportunity for a budding professional with a keen interest in finance, to join a reputable financial services organisation. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and the Assistant Accountants and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.