Facilities Manager (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Facilities Manager. The post holder will play an active role in supporting the delivery of the programming activities, ensuring the logistical elements of all exhibitions, events and programmes are co-ordinated and delivered.
- To lead the site buildings and estates maintenance, cleaning and security teams in the delivery of all daily site operations ensuring the safe, secure and efficient running of the site.
- To manage the cleaning and security contracts as it relates to the site, including performance management through contract meetings.
- To work closely with the visitor services team to ensure the effective co-ordination and delivery of operational services for the site ensuring that public programing is properly supported and the visitor experience is enhanced.
- To oversee the delivery of the yearly planned and reactive programme of maintenance, managing colleagues and contractors where appropriate.
- To ensure high quality and consistent standards of maintenance and capital works throughout the site ensuring the security and safety of the collections, visitors and staff.
- To develop familiarity with the operation of the security system on the site, ensuring procedures are updated and adhered to and to train other personnel in the use of the system as required.
- A third level qualification (or equivalent) AND 2 years' experience of facilities or estates management in a large venue.
- 4 years' experience of facilities or estates management in a large venue.
- Experience of compiling and delivering planned preventative and reactive maintenance programmes.
- Experience of managing staff, contractors and other service providers.
- Experience working with asset / facilities management and BEMS/BMS systems.
- A sound working knowledge of Health & Safety rules, regulations, legislation and best practice.
- Previous experience in developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of project management.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
- A third level qualification (or equivalent) in Buildings, Engineering, Health & Safety or other relevant discipline.
£32,328 - £33,459 plus discount benefits.
37 hours per week Monday to Friday. This organisation also operates a flexible working hours system, which allows you significant flexibility in relation to your start / finish / break times, as well as allowing you to accrue additional time off.
They are also currently operating a hybrid work pattern giving you the opportunity to be in the office or work from home part of the week.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…