VANRATH are delighted to be assisting their client, a UK Wide Public Sector organisation in their search for a External Affairs and Policy Officer on a contract basis initially for 12 months.
To support and promote the Organisation's political; policy and public affairs based activities in Northern Ireland (NI), while working closely with members of the NI Office team, the other External Affairs and Engagement teams, the Directorate and the wider Organisation.
To be part of a team dedicated to the efficient operation of the Organisation's activities in NI, with the aim of ensuring:
* an increased understanding among key interest groups of the statutory functions of the Organisation and the work that we do to help protect patients and improve medical education and practice across the UK.
* that the position of the Organisation on key policy issues is communicated to key interest groups in NI.
* that the Organisation's work is promoted in a positive, balanced and well-informed way, and that its reputation is protected and enhanced.
* that external and internal audiences understand the impact of devolution on the work of the Organisation.
* that statements/publications/guidance issued by the Organisation continue to reflect its role as a UK-wide regulator.
- To be an expert in the NI political and health policy landscape, proactively monitoring developments and providing extensive advice and briefings to Organisation colleagues as required. To work closely with relevant colleagues across the UK to ensure a UK-wide perspective.
- To ensure that colleagues across the Organisation are kept up to date with relevant developments across NI and that statements/publications/guidance issued by the Organisation continue to reflect its role as a UK-wide regulator.
- To assist the team in building effective working relationships and communications with key interest groups in NI, including the NI Government, NI Assembly, medical bodies and professional groups.
- To support and advise on the team's communication activity including the use of social media. Work with the Campaigns Team to provide advice to colleagues on the timing and content of communication and engagement activity to ensure Organisation communications and consultations are effectively coordinated and scheduled.
- To contribute to the team's wider engagement activities and take responsibility for dealing with enquiries from the public, patients, the profession and partners as required.
The Ideal Person
- A good understanding of the Northern Ireland (NI) political and health policy landscape.
- A background in external affairs, stakeholder management / communications, ideally in a health environment.
- An ability to understand the legislative framework and the political environment within which the Organisation and other healthcare regulators operate, including the issues that surround health and the medical profession.
- Experience of using Microsoft office suite of programme including MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Outlook. Experience of working with relationship management systems or other similar database software would be desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting organisation, offering a highly competitive salary of £26,505 - £28,000.
This role also offers excellent benefits, such as 15% employer pension contribution, Life assurance cover, Income Protection Cover, Private medical insurance with AXA Health, Employee assistance programme with People Asset Management, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare voucher scheme and more.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.