An excellent new opportunity has just opened up for an Events Officer to join a well-known public sector organisation on a full-time, temporary basis. Our client is looking for a focused and self-motivated candidate to deliver a comprehensive, customer focused programme of events. To support the marketing and communications resource to maximise promotional opportunities within the Neighbourhood and Development Services, including commercial opportunities such as sponsorship for events, activities and facilities.
The Ideal Person
- Will have a third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Event Management, Leisure and Tourism, Cultural Tourism, and Marketing, or equivalent, relevant qualification and be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas;
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, two years' relevant experience in each the following areas:
- The development, management, delivery, promotion evaluation of a customer focused events or activities programme including the direct supervision and motivation of assigned staff;
- engaging with communities to increase the level of use of their local facilities; and
assisting with the development and implementation of business plans and operational management plans including budgets
- To assist the Manager to develop, manage and deliver a comprehensive, customer focused programme of events in parks and open spaces. This will include establishing regular programmes, schemes, fun days and events to encourage the use of open spaces and active living according to set budgets and timescales.
- To liaise with external partners to maximise the use of facilities.
- To be responsible for the management of the Events Coordinator and any other designated staff, for example, placement student, according to management performance techniques.
- To provide the content of all online and print publicity material for programmed events to the department's Lead Communicator. This should include all relevant event booking documents, guidance manuals etc.
- To prepare relevant papers, committee reports, evaluations, statistics and other relevant documents, on behalf of the Open Spaces and Active Living Manager and the Assistant Director and Director of Parks and Leisure, to serve the Parks and Leisure Committee.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Events and Marketing role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.