ETL/SQL Data Engineer- HSCNI
Looking for your next career step as a Data Engineering Lead??
Interested in working on meaningful projects making a huge difference in Northern Ireland's Health Service- working in an integral team of one of Northern Ireland's major HSCNI organisations?
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a BAND 7 Data Engineering Lead for a large HSCNI organisation. The background on this post is they will need a candidate with demonstrable technical expertise and skills to implement highly complex solutions and routinely analyse and resolve highly complex technical problems with autonomy. The post holder will work closely with colleagues in the Informatics Team to design, develop and maintain an effective data storage solution. This will involve the automating extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data onto a SQL server, while developing, maintaining & optimising data models & reporting solutions. In addition, the post holder will be expected to work closely with customers of the Informatics Department, both internal and external, to drive targeted product development.
This role will run initially for 6 months (with likely extension), reporting into the Senior Manager, this is a full-time post 37.5 hours per week. The role after on boarding will be remote working for the foreseeable.
The Ideal Person/ Responsibilities
Demonstrable Experience in:
- Working proactively to identify and prioritise solutions that improve the Informatics service to internal and external stakeholder.
- Being responsible for the design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of a range of solutions.
- Producing high quality documentation for all applications and ensure they are kept up to date
- Designing and producing thorough and detailed test plans and scripts which are adopted prior to the release of new and / or updated solutions.
- Providing system specification and design based on user requirements.
- Working alongside colleagues and analysts in carrying out User Acceptance Testing.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting BI tools, systems, and software.
- Be proactive in suggesting improvements and amendments to existing BI products, tools, database structures, queries, reports, etc. and responsibility for implementing any changes
- Develop innovative data models & solutions to deliver a responsive BI portal to a growing customer base.
- Lead on the development and enhancements of SQL data warehouse.
- Use source control systems, software versioning e.g. VSTS for effective build deployment.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical knowledge in some of the following areas:
- MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI
- Software development methodologies e.g. Agile
- Application and web development using best practice industry frameworks and technologies
- Database programming, structured querying and schema design
The salary on this role is in line with the HSCNI BAND 7 pay scale, with other discount perks.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other HSCNI Analytics job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.