- Job Reference: RAE270623
- Job Title: Estimator (Main Contractor)
- Salary: £Competitive DOE + excellent benefits package
- Location: Magherafelt, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for an Estimator role? Interested in working for a leading Main Contractor that work on a wide range of projects across multiple sectors?
VANRATH are recruiting an Estimator to work on various Construction projects for a leading Main Contractor based in Magherafelt, Northern Ireland.
£Competitive DOE + excellent benefits package
Our client is a leading Main Contractor that work across various sectors including education, healthcare, commercial, retail, industrial, pharmaceutical, leisure, community and regeneration, delivering new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects.
They have been operating for decades and have an excellent reputation for delivering excellence in project value, quality and client satisfaction. Business is very busy with a wide range of projects currently ongoing and a strong order book for the foreseeable future.
Due to their continued success they have an excellent opportunity for an Estimator to join them on a permanent basis, based in their offices in Magherafelt. This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding business and work on a wide range of projects.
- Assess material, labour and equipment requirements
- Prepare correspondence to various parties for purposes of obtaining estimates
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and correct
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information
- Prepare estimate based on costs received
- Review Bills of Quantities, allocation of sub-contract packages and market engagement to secure sub-contract/supplier quotations
- Develop tender proposals for a range of procurement routes
- Assist in the development of solutions associated with client requirements which will add value to the tender
- Identify key risks and opportunities ensuring they are effectively queried where appropriate at tender stage to gain as much clarity as possible
- Plan and organise work efficiently to meet project deadlines
- Work in accordance with company IMS standards
- Prepare relevant reports
- Update information as required
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training
- Undertake other tasks as and when required.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree or HND Qualified
- Minimum 3 years' experience as an Estimator
- Main Contractor background
- Excellent IT skills and conversant with standard software packages and estimating software
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion