Estates Officer (SO- Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Estates Officer (SO- Public Sector).
- Providing day to day operational support to the Estates department and help manage internal and external maintenance contracts as instructed.
- Preparing specifications, drawings and tender documents for work relating to both revenue and capital projects.
- Conducting tendering exercises in accordance with required financial procedures and external guidance, both directly and through eTendersNI.
- Liaising with other government bodies, Central Procurement Directorate (CPD) etc. throughout the life cycle of projects.
- Oversee financial aspects of specified capital / revenue projects and report variance to the Built Heritage and Capital Projects Manager
- Oversee agreed project plans for specified capital projects utilising appropriate project management / reporting tools.
- Design and produce detailed architectural drawings, AutoCAD, etc. for their portfolio of buildings and estates.
- Hold a third level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant subject AND 1 years' experience of estates maintenance/capital projects.
OR hold a HND level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. building services AND 2 years' experience of estates maintenance/capital projects.
OR in the absence of a 3rd level qualification, have 3 years' experience of estates maintenance/capital projects.
- Have a valid driving licence and use of a car for official business purposes (including insurance for business use) or require consideration of reasonable adjustment in respect of disability to meet the travel requirements of the position.
- Have experience of managing the production of technical works packages related to capital projects.
- Have experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders to deliver estates programmes.
- Have comprehensive experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
- Have experience of preparing surveys and drawings including use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) packages e.g. AutoCad/ArchiCad.
- Have experience in facilities management or implementing a programme of energy savings strategies across an organisation.
£32,328 - £33,459 plus discount benefits.
37 hours per week Monday to Friday. This organisation also operates a flexible working hours system, which allows you significant flexibility in relation to your start / finish / break times, as well as allowing you to accrue additional time off.
They are also currently operating a hybrid work pattern giving you the opportunity to be in the office or work from home part of the week.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…