Estates Mechanical Operations Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for a Estates Mechanical Operations Officer for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension.
The post holder will have a devolved responsibility for the management of specific elements of Estates Operations Building & Engineering Maintenance Services
- To ensure that the commissioning of buildings and engineering services is carried out as per agreed protocols and in accordance with relevant Statutory Standards, Codes of Practices, Health & Safety Guidance, Health Technical Memoranda and Health Building Notes.
- Review and update mechanical engineering policies and procedures that support the provision of an efficient maintenance and operations service.
- Provide maintenance services utilising both "in house" and external.
- Maintain comprehensive records of engineering surveys, testing and independent validation of plant equipment or services that are required to comply with relevant statutory standards.
- Ensure quality standards are developed and maintained that meet user needs and effectively link to standards within Controls Assurance Criteria.
- Participating as an Authorised Person as defined within Health Technical Memoranda for a range of mechanical and electrical engineering services.
- Ensuring building fabric, engineering and utility services are maintained to standards that are in keeping with acute and community patient/client care services and reflect the risk associated with failure and the impact on the quality of care provided by the company.
- Effectively manage the maintenance of specialist plant and equipment that is core to the running of the estate and includes boiler plant, laundry plant and decontamination equipment etc.
- A degree in a relevant Engineering related subject
- 3 years' relevant experience
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in a Mechanical Engineering/Building Services Discipline and a corporate member/full member of one of the recognised institutes (IHEEM, IET, IMECHE, CIBSE)
- 5 years' relevant experience
- Managing engineering systems (Inc. Water Safety) and up-to-date methods of maintenance planning
- The control and development of maintenance and operational staff (or equivalent).
- Preparing maintenance estimates and engineering reports
- Carrying out directly or by contract repair, replacement and renewal of engineering
- Hold a current full driving licence
c£41,000 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…