Our client, a well-known public sector organisation requires an Advice and Compliance Officer to join their busy team on an ongoing temporary basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for a range of advisory and promotions functions in respect of organisations that have equality responsibilities i.e. public authorities, private sector employers, service providers and third sector organisations.
The Ideal Person
- A third level or equivalent relevant professional qualification.
- At least two years experience where the majority of the duties were in a related area such as personnel/human resources, equal opportunities, statutory duties, training and/or advice giving, or legal.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the experience necessary to enable effective communication in writing, negotiation and providing advice to managers and staff at all levels in the public and private sectors.
- Experience of the development and delivery of training programmes to groups and organisations and effective communication skills to engage and provide advice to public authorities, employers and service providers.
- Promoting equality of opportunity and fair participation with public, private and third sector organisations across the legislative provisions for affirmative and other positive action to obtain greater employment equality in the areas of age, disability, equal pay and sex equality, fair employment, race and sexual orientation.
- Developing, delivering and monitoring the outcomes of a range of training and/or events covering anti-discrimination legislation and the statutory duties.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders to deliver programmes of work.
- Ensuring accurate and timely retention of relevant information.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and
support to our clients and candidates.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.