- Job Reference: JSEO201123
- Job Title: Environmental Officer
- Salary: £30,000
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Larne
Interested in a career with one of NI's leading manufacturers?
Are you a qualified SHEQ professional with a specialism in Environmental aspects?
- Salary: £30,000.00 per annum
- Holidays: 31 days (increase with length of service)
- Pension: 6% ER 4% EE (increases to 8% ER at 5 years)
- Medical Insurance: PMI provided by AXA
- Other: Company Rewards Portal, Life Assurance, On Site Parking
VANRATH are partnering with a leading manufacturer and distributer to recruit an Environmental Officer to bring their specialist skillset, hands on approach and passion for environment to a 4 person SHEQ team.
Our client boasts a rich heritage and history of providing limestone-based products to both the construction and agriculture industries.
With a manufacturing operation based across 75 acres and 4 distribution centres, they have developed their own range of products and brands and lead the market in innovation.
- Responsible for implementing environmental initiatives as part of the Organisation's ESG strategy
- Responsible for maintaining and the continuous improvement of ISO:14001 across all sites
- Completion of internal audits for ISO standards and make recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for co-ordination, completing and submission of regulatory and statutory reports
- Deliver induction training and other relevant training/initiatives to employees across the Organisation
- Become cross skilled as part of the Department in areas of Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Take responsibility for health, safety, and well-being to deliver safety-first behaviours
- Work with stakeholders to resolve environmental incidents or issues through a root cause analysis mindset to prevent reoccurrence of the same issues.
- Collation, maintenance and management of all relevant environmental data, records, and evidence to ensure company is fully compliant with legislative requirements, ISO:14001 and site permits.
- Occasional travel to operating sites to support with maintaining ISO standards, regulatory compliance
- Coordinate and enhance waste minimisation, recycling, and other waste management initiatives to enable the Organisation to meet targets.
- To work across the full site with task that may have to be completed in adverse weather conditions
- Act as an ambassador for our company values, behaviours and adhere to all company procedures
The Ideal Person:
- Minimum of 2 years in a Manufacturing environment
- Third level qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Internal auditing experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250