Environmental Biodiversity Manager
Are you an experienced environmental manger / consultant specialising in biodiversity with a passion for conservation and sustainability?
I am looking for an experienced environmental scientist, specialising in biodiversity, to manage the biodiversity improvement projects for our public sector client.
This role is permanent, full time, and based in Belfast HQ on a Hybrid Basis, with travel to sites across NI to improve biodiversity.
- Implementing biodiversity strategies
* Managing multiple estates with various land holdings
* Implementing the best tools and systems to monitor performance and to implement strategies
* Ensuring compliance with environmental legislation, systems and corporate requirements
* Analysing biodiversity/environmental performance data and reporting the information
* Acting as a champion and point of contact for biodiversity issues and managing contractors in carrying out strategies (ie. surveys, planting trees)
* Minimum of 3 years' working experience in Biodiversity Management
* Scientific Degree
- Experience surveying sites to determine biodiversity
- Experience designing and implementing a biodiversity strategy and action plan
- Knowledge on NI's Flora and Fauna
- Experience of using MS Packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Member Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Knowledge of renewables / carbon positive strategy
- £35,000 - £40,000 relevant to experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Science / Data jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McKinley in the strictest confidence.