Environmental Health Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are excited to be working closely to support with the role of a Environmental Health Officer for a well established client within the local authority. This is initially a 6 month assignment, which has scope for extension for the right candidate!
- To carry out the full range of enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional, consultative and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with any departmental work programmes which exist as required by the Environmental Health Managers.
- To act in the absence of the Environmental Health Manager as necessary and to deputise as directed.
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- In conjunction with the EHM determine the most appropriate course of legal or non-statutory action in line with the enforcement policy and to make recommendations as necessary. Prepare and serve legal notices, present prosecution cases and attend Court/other hearings/public enquiries/appeals as required.
- Develop guidance and written procedures to achieve continuous improvement in the quality of service. Contribute to the delivery of the unit business plan, and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations for presentation to Client.
- Prioritise daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered. To carry out duties outside normal working hours as are necessary for the satisfactory efficient delivery of the Environmental Health Service, in accordance with an agreed policy on Lone Working.
- To deal with hostile and confrontational situations, including the diffusion of same on a professional basis using a range of communication skills.
- Hold a third level qualification (for example, an HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree) or equivalent in Environmental Health.
- Hold membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Six months' relevant experience in a field directly related to Environmental Health
- Hold a full & current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Circa £35,000 plus pension, holiday pay and discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Lisburn or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…