Environmental Health Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are excited to be working closely to support with the role of a Environmental Health Officer (Public Sector) for a well established client within the local authority. This is initially a 12 month assignment, which has scope for extension for the right candidate!
The post holder may be required to undertake the inspections of commercial and domestic premises; investigate complaints and accidents, enforce relevant statutory provisions and provide guidance on statutory requirements.
- Carry out the appropriate inspection; investigation; assessment or activity within defined Environmental Health functions.
- Determine in conjunction with the Principal Environmental Health Officer and/or Lead Environmental Health Officer as necessary, appropriate action in accordance with corporate enforcement policies and guidance, relevant legislation, Codes of Practice etc. to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Undertake and assist in interviews, including those under PACE, prepare evidence and attend court proceedings as required.
- Prepare and serve authorised statutory notices on proprietors, managing directors of commercial and industrial operations, and on members of the public within the Borough.
- Act as an expert witness and provide specialist knowledge/opinion in, for example, court, public inquiries, planning consultations and directly to Elected Members as necessary.
- Prepare premises reports and other correspondence for businesses and for members of the public in connection with service requests.
- Prepare reports on Environmental Health issues at the request of the Environmental Health Manager and/or Principal Environmental Health Officers.
- Have a minimum of a degree in Environmental Health
- Hold membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have one years' experience:
- in a local government Environmental Health role,
- in applying knowledge and understanding of current Environmental Health related legislation to determine compliance,
- in successfully enforcing and remedying breaches;
- in forming effective and professional relationships with stakeholders including business owners, statutory agencies and members of the public.
- A working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project.
- Hold a full & current UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Additional Professional/Technical qualifications such as a NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Circa £33,486 plus pension, holiday pay and discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…