Energy Engineer- Property & Estates (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Energy Engineer- Property & Estates role? Interested in working for one of N.I. largest Public Sector organisations?
VANRATH are recruiting a Energy Engineer- Property & Estates to l oversee the planning, organisation and delivery of Energy Management services and projects, with safety, commerciality, customer service and legislative compliance as key drivers. This includes leading change and influencing employee behaviour in energy management best practice. Key to this will be to provide effective energy efficiency expertise and project management delivery in a technically complex environment.
c£38,000, alongside holiday entitlement and pension (from day one).
Our client is one of the largest Public Sector organisations in NI.
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 3 years energy or mechanical or electrical management related experience
- Experience of implementing an energy management strategy
- Experience of contract management
- Minimum of a HNC/HND, or equivalent qualification, in an energy or mechanical or electrical related discipline
- Experience of energy auditing
- Experience in using MS Office 365 Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to report on energy usage
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work and working hours
- Full current driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Experience of procurement of utilities (gas/oil/electricity)
- Construction Design Management knowledge
- Chartered Membership of EI, IET, IMechE, IEE or CIBSE
- Degree level qualification in an energy or mechanical or electrical related subject
- Experience of asset management software
- Experience of using CAD/ BIM
- Develop and deliver an Energy Strategy for the company
- Effectively manage day-to-day activities in Energy management ensuring that key activities are planned and support the achievement of Divisional objectives
- Provide an energy management service with expert advice and guidance to company internal customers including Service Delivery Managers, Depot Engineers, Area Managers, Route Managers, and Executives etc
- Manage Energy and utilities contracts
- Identify, appraise and progress energy/money saving projects and M&E improvement projects
- Prepare accurate and timely periodical energy reports for electricity, gas, heating oil and water across the business
- Lead and develop energy awareness campaigns directed at all staff to promote energy efficiency
- Develop and deliver regular training presentations to staff at all levels on energy awareness in general
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.