Embedded Software Engineer (Audio Codec Development)
VANRATH is proud to be partnering with our client a global pioneer in the consumer electronics market place. In an exciting period of organic growth in Belfast they are keen to add an Embedded Software Engineer to the team.
Our client transforms the lives of literally billions of mobile phone users, gadget lovers and technologists.
They are at the cutting edge of developing software for a host of world-leading technology platforms and standards which includes Bluetooth GPS and other location technologies.
In Belfast they have a small but elite team working on some of the most innovative R+D projects in the Audio space worldwide.
In this team you will get exposure to some extremely innovative and exciting world class projects.
This client is working on state of the art home media systems amongst a host of other world class R+D Audio projects.
The role is to implement new audio functionality on some of our clients world class products dedicated to the IoE market to provide improved audio quality and other features for wireless consumer audio solutions.
The codec development team is responsible for developing the audio software, unit testing and integrating audio software components into more complicated applications and systems.
The successful applicant will work as part of the team responsible for the development of DSP code and host software, either from specifications or porting existing software to new platforms, integrating the components into embedded systems, and creating the necessary documentation and providing support.
They will also be responsible for working with the test and verification teams to prove the quality of the components, and providing support for issues raised in verification.
Development environments will include simulators, reference design hardware and commercial devices.
· Development of software components of moderate scale and complexity to agreed timescales under moderate supervision
· Investigate test failures and customer issues
· Contribute to process improvements
· Contributes to the creation of relevant documentation following the departments processes
· Mentor junior members of the team
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
* 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
* Proven experience in C
* Experience with embedded software development
* Experience with algorithm development
* Experience with optimizing code
* Experience with version control and software review processes
* Experience with defining/developing unit tests
* Understanding of software development techniques
* Effective team player
* Good communicator
* Good problem-solving ability
* Eager to learn, Self-motivated, independent, proactive, and able to work effectively in a group
* Outstanding written and verbal communication
Nice to haves
· Experience with Assembly language
· Experience with audio or signal processing
· Proven experience with Python and/or another scripting language
· Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Wi
Includes a sum of flexible benefits and base salary up to £60k + lucrative stock, that include life insurance, pension scheme etc amongst a host of other brilliant benefits.
For further information please contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence on 0289033 0250 or apply via the link on this page.