Electrician (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Electrician for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Portadown site.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil a requirement to:
- To undertake all electrical work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock and buildings.
- To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix electrical work associated with major and minor construction work and refurbishment including response maintenance repairs.
- To undertake fault-finding, and diagnostics in Housing Executive properties and make good the defect.
- To carry out minor work outside trade where required for operational purposes.
- To carry out electrical inspections and health and safety testing of domestic properties.
- To carry out inspections of smoke alarms and ensure replacement as necessary.
- Have successfully completed a time served or skills electrical apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of one year's relevant post apprenticeship experience working in an electrical environment
- Hold either of the following electrical qualifications:
- C&G 2391
- C&G 2394/2395** electrical testing and inspection
- Be currently registered on a recognised license to practice scheme at a qualified level (such as Spark-safe, etc.)
- Can demonstrate practical knowledge and understanding of current Health and Safety requirements and legislation in a maintenance/repair environment
£25,409 - £32,019 plus Van & Fuel Card.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''I found Vanrath very professional from the off, they took the time to understand my background and experience only putting me forward for Jobs, that were suitable both with respect to my experience and abilities as well as my intended career direction.''
''VANRATH were extremely supportive throughout the recruitment process and answered any queries I had, whilst keeping me informed of progress the entire time. This provided me with more confidence going into the interviews and helped me to secure my new role. Highly recommend!''
''Had a brilliant experience with Vanrath, after having used many other recruiters in the past VANRATH really listened to what type of role I wanted and made the whole process very smooth and easy!''