Electrician- Maintenance (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Electrician for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Newry site.
The post holder will be expected to undertake a wide range of maintenance work in the electrical and/or electronic discipline and to undertake any closely relate mechanical tasks associated with this work.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil a requirement to:
- Undertake unsupervised electrical and/or electronic maintenance work related to training and/or experience and understand fully the interrelationship between the various maintenance crafts.
- Show a high level of flexibility including performing a wide range of work of other crafts.
- Use relevant tools and equipment to undertake work on the electrical,electronic and mechanical systems in company buildings.
- Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new electrical work as required.
- Undertake training, where necessary, to learn new techniques.
- Diagnose and repair faults in electronic, electrical and mechanical plant and equipment; and pass on knowledge to others.
- Ensure compliance with all written and verbal instructions in accordance with The Health & Safety at Work (1978) NI Order.
- Provide attendance and a maintenance service on all plant and equipment as directed.
- Carry out a given programme of work including planned preventative Maintenance, new work, repairs and emergency breakdowns as required.
- Recognised and registered BITB or CITB Apprenticeship
- Approved Company apprenticeship. Applicants must possess City and Guilds 236 Part 2 or equivalent formal qualifications
- PLUS 5 years post apprenticeship experience, at least 1 year of which must have been spent on the maintenance of complex electrical and/or electronic engineering systems
c£24,000 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…
Check out some of your candidate feedback-
''I would highly recommend Vanrath. Very friendly and helpful staff. They very informative and kept me up to date throughout the interview process and answered any questions I had.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''