Educational Support Assistant (22k) (Ballymoney)
Looking to start your career in one of Northern Ireland's main providers of further education?.
Vanrath is delighted to be working with a leading further education college in the recruitment of an Classroom Support Worker to support and encourage students to aid them to achieve their academic and career goals and aspirations.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive base salary of between £21,575-22,000
- Free on-site parking
- High street perks card
What you'll do
To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator/Curriculum Area Manager in the promotion and achievement of high-quality Education Support and services.
To ensure that students who have a learning need find the service effective and efficient and is consistent across the College.
To provide support to individual learners undertaking programmes in an inclusive form. This support may include note taking and examination scribe.
To assist learners in accessing and/or evacuating all parts of the College buildings and facilities.
Assisting with first aid procedures when required.
- To assist the Education Support Co-ordinator to develop, implement and regularly review the appropriate, policies and procedures relating to Student Education Support services.
- To contribute to the standardisation of student education support procedures across campuses which will assist in maximising student retention, satisfaction and achievement.
- Duties may change as the College develops, therefore the person appointed will be expected to be flexible in relation to duties performed, subject to consultation.
Full job specification on request.
- GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent.
- GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) or Essential skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number.
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an appropriate subject (e.g. Education, Care etc.)
- A minimum of 12 months' experience of:
- Working one to one with young people or adults in a FE and/or HE environment; OR
- Supporting individuals with a disability and/or additional barriers to learning;
- Delivering study skills in an educational or training environment.
For further information on this job, or any other Education job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Caitlin Scollan for a confidential chat today.