This is an excellent opportunity for an Educational Support Assistant, to join our client, a well-known Further Education College in Coleraine. Our client requires an experienced learning support candidate to support the organisation on an ongoing temporary basis.
VANRATH are delighted to be working alongside our client, a well-known Further Education College based in Coleraine.
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an appropriate subject
- GCSE English Language (Grade A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Communication or equivalent
- GCSE Maths (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of number, OR NICATS Access Maths modules
- A minimum of 12 months' experience working one to one with young people or adults in a FE and/or HE environment
- Recent experience of supporting individuals with a disability and/or additional barriers to learning
- Recent experience of delivering study skills in an educational or training environment
- Ability to travel between campuses
To provide high quality, proactive learning support for students who have mental health, long-term medical, physical, learning difficulties or disabilities, wellbeing or personal development issues in the classroom, on a one-to-one and small group basis.
You will work with the Education Support Co-ordinator and curriculum teams to ensure that learners receiving support have opportunities to achieve and to help students develop learning strategies to overcome difficulties associated with their disability/long term medical condition and/or barriers to learning.
Support may also include practical access, simple adaptations and note-taking.
Work closely with individuals who are struggling with social, emotional or behavioural problems that affect their ability to learn. Work alongside others to identify their barriers and methods to help them overcome them.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Provide in-class one to one or small group support to learners
- Understand barriers to learning
- Provide support to students in literacy, numeracy, communication and IT skills
- Cover a variety of issues including challenging behaviour
- Make necessary reasonable adjustments
- Provide Progress reports on students
- Organise drop-in sessions where learners can discuss particular issues
For further information on this vacancy, or any other role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.