New opportunity for an exerienced and confident Economist to join a busy Public Sector team based in Belfast on a temporary ongoing basis.
- £39,748 starting salary
- Full-Time, Mon-Fri
- 37 hrs per week
- 6-month contract with potential to extend
- Full annual leave entitlement up to 37 days
- Benefits package exclusive to VANRATH (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
The Ideal Person
1. A post-graduate degree in economics or closely related subject where economics was a major componant.*
2. Minimum of 4 years' experience conducting objective, evidence based research and producing and delivering research analysis and briefings in an area or areas related to economics.
*major component is defined as: at least 50% of the course modules must be in economics. Please detail these on application.
The post holder will provide economic support on a broad range of policy, programme and strategy development; with the ability to deliver high quality outputs in a highly uncertain, rapidly evolving and time pressured policy environment.
Key tasks include:
- Drafting high quality, reliable, accurate and timely reports.
- Quality Assurance of public sector economic appraisals, business cases and post project evaluations prepared by others.
- Leading on the development economic appraisals, business cases and post project evaluations.
- Establishing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with external stakeholders such as other analysts/officials, business, academics and researchers.
- Maintaining an up to date understanding of current economic issues and topics at regional and international levels.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more...