DP Accountant (PERMANENT, Full NICS Benefits)
VANRATH are now part of the CCS Framework, and as such now recruit permanent positions within the NICS. We welcome the opportunity to speak to any finance professionals interested in a full time, permanent position within the NICS.
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a DP Accountant to join a NICS body based in Belfast City Centre to join their small finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to gain experience within the Civil Service, and it is an exciting time to join the business as they are going through a system implementation. The successful candidate does not need public sector experience to be considered for this post.
- Prepare first draft of papers for various meetings including the Executive Management Team, Audit Committee, Finance Committee and the Board including an updated forecast each month
- Review monthly out turn and variance analysis returns
- Assist in the preparation of in year Monitoring Round submissions
- Prepare communication to Divisions following the outcome of each Monitoring Round together with revised budgets for each Branch
- Assist in the allocation of budgets at the start of the financial year
- Provide expert advice and guidance on budgeting
- Prepare reports to senior management as required
- Promote high standards of accountability, integrity and probity and provide professional advice to support decision making
As the successful Systems Accountant you will have the following characteristics;
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA Qualified or Qualified by Experience
- System Implementation experience
- Budget Management experience
As the successful Systems Accountant you will benefit from;
- Excellent remuneration package
- Excellent work-life balance
- Warm and friendly environment
- NICS Salary Scale
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.