Are you a Qualified Accountant with at least 3+ years PQE and available at short notice? A non-departmental public body based in Belfast require a DP Accountant to join their team immediately. This is an excellent foot in the door for individuals keen on gaining public sector experience.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- 9 Month Contract
- Immediate start
- Working for a recognisable employer
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting a DP Accountant to join a recognisable public body based in Belfast city centre. This position will initially commence on a contract basis for a period of 9 months. The requirement within the team is due to a significant increase in workload and due to subsequent projects, there is the potential for a longer-term contract.
This role will focus on the management accounting process, along with experience of project accounting. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the DP Accountant will join a team of 3 and will be a key member in ensuring the successful completion of monthly accounts. This role will have supervisory responsibilities, ensuring the junior accounts staff are processing financial transactions in line with agreed timescales.
The Ideal Person
If you are a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA):
- 3 years PQE
- Preparation of both management and year end accounts
- Strong technical, numerical and IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public sector experience (desirable)
As a DP Accountant you will:
- Produce management reports and variance analysis
- Month end reconciliations
- Financial accounting, preparing year end accounts
- Prepare budgets and scenario planning
- Management of small finance team
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.