VANRATH are delighted to exclusively be hiring a Director of Sales, on behalf of Ocula Technologies, to steer revenue growth for the business in 2022 and beyond.
Working closely with the co-founders and product team, this role provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially driven sales professional to join Ocula, right at the start of its journey to becoming a global software player.
Ocula are Private Equity backed from the outset, have an incredibly experienced leadership & advisory team, and senior access to a number of target market clients. They are already working with five established brands in the UK and an NFL franchise in the US. The successful candidate will be focused on refining the commercial model, developing a priority client pipeline, proactively engaging customers, performing online (and occasionally in person) demonstrations, and ultimately closing deals.
As the role continues to develop, the Director of Sales will also be responsible for developing and expanding the sales function of the business, and work alongside the co-founders to set out the long-term commercial strategy for the company.
Ocula Technologies see a gap for a new software platform that can provide clients with the decision science capabilities of digital natives, such as Amazon and Alibaba. Having built this capability over a number of years with these market leaders, it became clear that there was an ever-growing gap with the wider market, particularly in digital channels.
By providing a one-stop optimisation platform Ocula will help clients compete and unlock data driven decisions on key areas such as pricing, customer targeting, product range, and sustainability. The 'sustainable growth platform' will be built with low barriers to entry to support clients regardless of their digital maturity levels.
Salary & Benefits:
- Attractive base salary
- Uncapped commission Scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Share options within 12 months
- Work closely with the senior management team to help determine strategic commercial objectives and refine commercial model
- Maintain and expand your database of prospects throughout the UK
- Build relationships with both new and existing customers
- Self-generate leads, present for new business, and close sales opportunities
- Build your/ the company's profile in key target markets and verticals
- Attendance at relevant events and exhibitions to build network of contacts and new business opportunities
- Understanding the challenges facing key stakeholders and how the organisations products can address these issues
- Establishing a strong pipeline and managing prospects efficiently and effectively, ensuring that all business opportunities are seized and converted
- Develop and expand the sales function of the business
- 5-10 years' experience operating in a senior sales role within the tech and SaaS market, ideally in a start-up/ scale-up business environment
- Proven experience in providing successful online product demonstrations
- Experience in selling to a range of key stakeholders within a given organisation
- Proven experience of owning the sales process from lead generation to closing of sale
- Strong communication, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to take a sale from lead generation to close
- Experience working with a smaller company who is building a brand
- Excellent organisational skills and expertise in utilising a CRM
- Sharp effective research skills
- Customer focused value driven sales technique
- Belfast with hyrbid working availability
- Occasional travel to London and client sites (in the UK)
For further insight into this vacancy and fantastic company please apply via the link below or contact Marty Caskey in the strictest confidence.