Director of Engineering- Secure US software house with long term ties to N.I
In a further period of exciting growth in N.Ireland VANRATH are partnering exclusively with a well established US software house that set up in Belfast a number of years ago. With a rock solid team already on board this is a key role an exciting period for the business.
The successful candidate will be managing a team of around 30 software engineers to coach, mentor and set clear directions across the team. You'll be responsible for the health and productivity of engineers in your team, help set the direction, provide feedback on architecture and approach and most importantly - be there to support & develop your engineers to achieve their career aspirations. Most of your time will be spent managing team members, but you'll have come from a technical background and from time to time you'll jump in and help your team get projects over the line or solve technical problems.
Within Engineering, your team will be at the heart of the development and will be working on solving exciting and difficult problems, while having fun! You'll play a key role in helping bridge the gap across our clients ecosystems while working with teams in Chicago as well as London.
As a Director of Engineering your team will be working on everything from the web interface to writing performance-critical code which sets the foundation of our clients applications.
They use many technologies in their stack such as Angular JS, Spring, Spring Boot, REST Services and tools such as npm, IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence and Docker.
- Experience in directing, mentoring and coaching high performing teams
- Worked with Java or similar technologies and have experience with microservices architecture as well as cloud-based technologies
- Experience building and designing scalable and performant systems and making significant contributions to the wider engineering goals of the product
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Consumed and contributed to the design of RESTful interfaces
Why join my client?
- Be at the forefront of a world class software house with responsibility and control over what you are making, with a real impact on their customers and users with every decision you make.
- Make a real contribution to your team and an input on the direction of the product.
- Work on solving challenging and interesting problems, whilst having fun!
- Be onboarded remotely and included in all aspects of our clients life.
- Collaborate cross-functionally
- Shape the culture, not by fitting it but by adding to it! Diversity of thought, having opinions and ideas heard, listening to others, seeking out opportunities to encourage collaboration and being present within the team simply by being your true self
- Be part of a great learning environment, where you have a chance to develop the skills that you want to. Own your learning and growth within our clients career development support framework plus, access to a huge online learning library
- Attractive base salary to pull in top talent. Six figure base salaries on offer dependent on experience.
- Competitive benefits that include: Annual Bonus, Employer Pension Contribution, generous holiday allowance, Health Insurance for you and family in addition to Mental Wellbeing Support from BUPA and access to 24/7 online GP service.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…